About a week ago I did a giveaway on my Facebook page for a dozen cupcakes. So of course, everything fell apart this week and I’m just now getting around to making them. But thanks to my procrastinating ways, I got to use my new Russian piping tips on them!
There is a SERIOUS learning curve to these things. After scraping the icing off of the first cupcake for like the eighth time, I finally got the hang of it. One thing I did notice is the icing needs to be a good bit stiffer than what I normally use to hold it’s shape. So I kept having to put the bag in the fridge to keep it from melting from me holding it.
I only tried one, but I can’t wait to try the rest! I think I’ll watch some tutorials and try to get a better understanding of them before I try them again though.